NEET UG Counselling 2023
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) counseling is a process conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. The counseling process is carried out based on the ranks obtained by candidates in the NEET examination.
Here’s a general overview of the NEET counseling process:
- Registration: Candidates who have qualified in the NEET exam need to register themselves on the MCC website (previously, it was done on the official website of the respective state counseling authority).
- Choice Filling and Locking: After registration, candidates need to fill their choices of colleges and courses in which they wish to seek admission. It is important to prioritize choices based on their preferences. Candidates can modify and rearrange their choices before the locking period.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the merit rank, choices filled by the candidates, and availability of seats, the MCC conducts the seat allotment process. Candidates are allotted seats in various colleges according to their preferences and the availability of seats.
- Reporting to the Allotted College: Once the seat allotment result is declared, candidates who are allotted seats need to report to the allotted college within the specified time period. They need to complete the admission formalities, pay the required fees, and submit the necessary documents.
- Second and Mop-Up Rounds: In case there are vacant seats after the first round of counseling, subsequent rounds are conducted to fill those seats. The process is similar to the first round, and candidates who did not get a seat in the initial round can participate again.
It’s important to note that the specific details of NEET counseling can vary each year, so it is advisable to refer to the official MCC website or respective state counseling authorities for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding NEET counseling.